Friday, August 7, 2009

Not Enough Hours In The Day Or Sleep In The Night

Yesterday was rather a shocker. You see we have been packing to move and we knew that they would be coming in for an inspection, but I thought was something they would set up with us. Instead it was a surprise one that happened yesterday. Marcus' blankets were all over the floor, dishes covered the dinning room table, boxes were everywhere, and our rats (which are not on the lease) were out in the open (in their cage of course). Well she decided that she was going to sign off on our lease (we were moving to a different apartment owned by the same company). She also let me know that we wouldn't be getting a good rental reference. So, we have to be out by the end of the month and we were left with no where to go.

I got online and everyone said to start talking to landlords and other companies. To be honest and tell them what happened and ask if we could rent from them. So, I found an apartment. It is a lot smaller, a lot cheaper, and they didn't care what Wiedner (this apartment complex management company) had to say. So, we have a place to live. But it is about four hundred square feet less then this apartment and about 250 square feet less then the one we were going to move into. Which means that I have been racking my brains about how I am going to get our stuff in there. It also means I couldn't fall asleep until about 2:30 this morning and then I got up with the baby at five.

I also have a lot of packing to do an a lot of writing to get done. So, I haven't been getting a lot of sleep anyway and I continue to feel that way.

Oh, well. We have a place to live and while it is really small it is nice. I have also been bringing in the dough.

No comments: