Tuesday, June 3, 2008

Who Am I?

I have been struggling with this question for some time now. To answer the question, "Who Are You?" You often have to use roles you play, things you love, and passions that you have. It is hard to cram all of who you are into a profile page, bio, or "About Me" section. It is like asking you to describe a flower in a single word. With time, this is who I have discovered myself to be.

Wife.

While I don't always know what it means to be a wife and I sometimes struggle with what I think I should be doing even though I don't have the time. I am a wife and I love being a wife. I have been married for about two and a half years to a wonderful man who makes me fell loved, charished, and beautiful.

Mother.

While not always a glorified term to use, and sometimes a difficult role to play, I am a mother. I have a beautiful baby boy (well he is currently 19 months, so he is almost a big boy now). He is a handful and all boy, but I am his mom and love him anyway.

Writer.

I have claimed this title for years. Writing is my passion while for ages I didn't make money doing it, I am now making more then I ever imagined by writing online.

Artisan.

I enjoy working with a wide variety of crafts. I have a particularly strong passion for beadwork and jewelry making, as well as soap making and bath and body products (I have blogs with both subjects: Beautiful Beads and Jewelry and The Soap Suds).

Dreamer.

My husband and I are both dreamers. Our dream includes my income online becoming big enough to replace his income (from his 60 hour a week job) so that we can both stay home and write, work on our crafts, raise our children, keep our house, and homeschool. The goal is for my earnings to be enough by 2011.

This of course is just a start to defining who I am. But in it, you can see that I wear many hats and enjoy a wide open and beautiful world. I would love to hear from you, "Who are you?"

No comments: