Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Vacation

We go on vacation in a week and a half. We are making an insane vacation, but I am excited as it will be my first. My husband, son, and I will be joining his family this year. We will be taking a 12 passenger van with 11 of us. We drive from Midland, TX on the morning of the 30th (well actually we drive all day, we are just departing in the morning). We will be ending our days drive to visit a (hopefully) nice hotel in Joplin, MO. From there we drive to some small town in Indiana where my husband's brother and his wife live. It will be the first time Peter (my husband) or I have met his sister-in-law even though they will be having their one year anniversary next month. We will also be meeting her family (she has my husband beat there with 9 brothers and sisters. With all of us...there will be 24 at this meet the family deal!). We spend the night there in Indiana. Bright and early Monday morning we get back in the van to make the final and thankfully much shorter leg of the trip to a cabin on Lake Michigan (in Michigan). There we will spend whats left of Monday there, as well as Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday. We will leave very early to catch the fairy on Friday. Taking the fairy across the lake is something that excites me. I haven't done it in a time frame that I can remember it. Once in Wisconsin we will be traveling inland to have dinner at an Aunt and Uncle's house. We will spend the night there toward middle Wisconsin. Finally Saturday will have us driving back toward the Lake Michigan coast and a wedding. Saturday evening we will spend the night just outside of Chicago (where additional family members live). Sunday we begin the trip back down to Texas stopping that night for sleep once again in Joplin. We should arrive by nine or ten pm on Monday night, tired and well vacationed.

As someone from a small family (I spent most of my life living with one younger brother and my mom) this sounds truly crazy. Of course...I doubt I am alone.

No comments: