Thursday, July 12, 2007

I feel...

I feel I may have over extended myself just a tad. Life is overwhelming, though I think it is that way for most people. I just don't seem to have it together.

I am a lucky one, I know. I don't have to work. My husband goes to work, makes a decent wage, and we live off of that. It does mean that we drive a 1989 Nissan, have only one car, and we don't finance anything that would make our lives easier or better.

I have a list of responsibilities, as do most people, especially women. I feed my man, do the laundry and keep the house. I take care of Marcus, our rambunctious almost one year old (eight days shy of one year). I also take care of my mom who is disabled and lives with us (to hear more about that visit the blog 1001 Things I Hate About Living With My Mom). Some days taking care of her is easy, just the same things I already have on my to do list. Fix lunch, fix dinner, and such. Other days she needs to be run here and there for doctors appointments, and then there are the days she hurts so bad that I need to help her shower and take care of her personal needs.

Then we have the list of goals and hopes. We hope to build a website, a good website, www.falonofthetower.com. It is slow going, with my husband working all the time, I am the only one working on it. I hope to develop it into a huge web of informations, stories, and fun, but it takes time and energy. The hope is that this website will eventually pay for itself (at least) and maybe make a little money with some of our ads. I have found that with my responsibilities I am having a hard time working on the goals and hopes.

I also have the desire to loose weight for a healthier lifestyle (one that I have found is really hard to do when living with the person who helped you develop your bad lifestyle) (you can find more information about this subject in my blog and on my website). But actually loosing weight means finding time to do what needs to be done (walking and other forms of exercise).

Then there are the blogs. As part of my website I wanted to have a series of blogs that related to sections coming up. There is "The Fattest Diary" which relates to the section of my website "The Phat Diaries-Going From Fat to Phat". There is the 1001 Things I Hate About Living With My Mom which is just my way of blowing off steam and happens to be the blog that I have written in the most. Then there is "The Mommy Page" which is a diary of my life as a mom, or my feelings as a mom. It ties in with "The Baby Zone" on my website (I think that I should be saying our website, because without my husband none of this would exist). Then there is "The Sign Language Blog" which is slowly discussing the history of sign language and the deaf culture. I am hoping to have a section of my website dedicated to this topic as well as teaching basic sign language, however we need some equipment before I can teach sign on the web. We have a blog called "Thought Provokers" that is sharing some things that stimulate the thought process, though this blog hasn't gotten far. Eventually there will be thought provokers on our website as well. I also have "Beautiful Beads" which is a blog about bead work and jewelry making. This is also something that I want to add to my website, but have to wait till we can replace our camera (the batter was lost in our move from Wisconsin to Texas, thanks be to FedEx). I started this blog just to be a blog. Nothing to serious or educational. For now that is it, but that feels like a lot. Trying to post in the blogs somewhat regularly and work on pages for the website and take a walk and cook breakfast, lunch, dinner and take care of a baby and my mom and...

Well I am ready for a nap now, think I will work on posting the piece about leaving the baby for the first time that I tried adding to The Mommy Page yesterday.

Oh, I almost forgot a very important part of our website. Our fiction is being posted there! Or right here rather. And we have reviews and recommendations, including movie reviews for movies that aren't as easily heard of as the new to theater types, service reviews, and soon there will be product reviews. Yay!

No comments: