Thursday, July 5, 2007

The Tale of the Wondering Brain

I want so bad to make all of our dreams come true. We want to work together at home and make a living. It doesn't have to be a fantastic living, though we certainly wouldn't mind, but a living it has to be. We have people to support, and things that we would like to do.

However, there are so many things that need to happen first. We need to pay off our debts (which aren't as many as most Americans, though I have some college debt, and we now owe money because of this crazy move that we have made). We would like to save money so that when we finally jump off the cliff into the freedom of being self employed then we will have a little to fall back on. We would like to save money for a house (after all we are paying $759 a month in rent and other then the pools don't have much that we can say is worth it). We would like to own some newer cars, maybe even two so that both of us could go somewhere (after all we are driving a 1989 Nissan). We would like to survive and eat our fruits and veggies. Rice and Beans are cheap, but they don't provide a very balanced meal. We would like to buy some furniture, we gave all of ours away so that we could move easily. We have a desk, a dinning room table and four chairs, and a bed (that my mom sleeps on), and a port-a-crib that our one year old is using. We are sleeping on a blow up mattress and it is getting old. We also have no tv or radio (which is okay for me, but has been driving my mom nuts).

Right now my husband has a job he hates, and needs to find a new one. But he really only wants a job till we can afford for him to quit. I don't have a job, but money is so tight that I have been thinking about dog walking in my neighborhood in hopes of gaining a little extra cash.

Long run we want to be artisans and make money making beautiful things. We also like to right and would like to become published authors. We have also started a website (though it is still growing a little at a time) and have started bringing in a tiny amount of ad money. We would like to make all of these things work for us.

I am a crazy wondering brain of an artisan. Currently I am beading a jar. Without pictures it is a little hard to show exactly how awesome that is. I also make jewelry and other beaded items. Soon I will be taking a free mosaic class. My husband and I both work on the lathe and would love to expand what we can make there. Wooden boxes, carved spoons and sculptures, treasures chests, blown and caned glass, and more appeal to me. I would love to make it all. If only I could find people to buy it.

No comments: