Friday, July 20, 2007

One of Those Nights

It's one of those nights where I feel so good I can't sleep. Not that I physically aren't tired enough, but that my mind is going ten thousand miles an hour and keeping me up even though I know I am planning on being awake in five hours. I really need to be awake in five hours, we are going garage saleing for dressers tomorrow. I just can't see myself paying 100 to 150 dollars right now for something I can get at a garage sale for 25. Especially since I need three of them.

So, with my mind going at least ten thousand miles per hour I have been thinking about our website blogs. I added a page to our website, which of course is more time consuming then adding an entry to ones blog. I have been thinking about out goals and how the hell we are going to get from here today, to there tomorrow. If that makes any sense.

A little over a month ago I signed up for Google Analytics, which is an awesome program that allows me to know that we are getting about 45 visits a month and many of them are repeat visitors. This isn't good. It felt good. Seeing two visitors in a day felt better then none, but lets face it, in the line of traffic, it sucks. I know that we don't have enough content to draw more visitors, and I have been trying to change that, but most days that feels difficult. My blog traffic is growing nicely and I have seen some traffic move from my blogs to my website (and the other direction for that matter). I told you analytics was a great program. But we are still talking double digit traffic here. Not hundreds, or thousands, or tens of thousands, but double digits.

Then I think, how can I increase my pages? I know that time put into it would help, and not having to fight with the baby for the ability to use the keyboard and mouse (he loves making the computer do things). So, I need to carve out computer time. Which probably shouldn't be done at 1:30am too many times for my personal sanity.

Then I think, hmm, should I really do this blog in pink? It isn't really me. It also doesn't go too well with the title. Though I kind of like that contrast. We do have some dull looking blogs. Thought Provokers is very dull though I did that so as not to distract from the content. The content isn't growing near as much as I would have liked. That should change soon, my husband is no longer working 9am-10:30pm. He no longer has to leave for work at 8:15am and arrive home at 11:15 pm. Now he leaves at 7 and is home by 6 ish. It's still a long day, but does give him some time for other things, so his writing should add to both the blogs that he contributes to and the website.

That is enough rambling for now...

No comments: