Thursday, July 26, 2007

Things

There are all these things running around in my head and my life lately. I have all of these goals and just don't seem to have it together enough. Drink more water, clean more, walk more, relax more, write more...and nothing seems to get done. Of course now I am also adding work more. It is today that I have unofficially began my new business of Dog Walking...The plan is to make money walking the neighborhood dogs. Some have looked at me with sceptically...That can't work...but I put my sings up at five thirty and got my first call at six thirty. So, I am certain we will see where it all leads us.

I think about what we want to do and I pray and hope that we make it there. We have our website which is a great place to write articles on topics we enjoy. It is technically a free place to post them...and so far continues to be a place that isn't bringing in any money, but the hope is that it starts to pay us just a little with the ads on there...enough to help us get by.

I want to write childrens' books for sure, and maybe further down the line something more complicated. I think I have what it takes, and have a few stories, in my head (the place where they haunt me, no one can read them, I don't have to fear rejection, and they never make any money or fulfill any dreams). Peter wants to write fantasy novels (and would be good at it), but that requires time to write and edit, neither of which he has right now, but could if the dog walking thing takes off really well. We both want to make crafts and sell them. I would love doing this at craft fairs, but that would require having a big enough stock to sell them there. Right now we only have a few pieces and they haven't sold in any of the outlets we have tried to sell them at. I love making jewelry and other beadwork. My husband currently makes small hand turned items (pens, mechanical pencils, magnifying glasses, letter openers, light pulls, ect.) I have a list of things I would like to try, a crazy huge list: glass blowing and cane work, soap and body products, candles, of course the jewelry and beadwork, carving, I do enjoy turning a few items now and then...

The funny thing is the biggest issues against our creativity is money. Can't make anything without money to buy the parts and materials and the tools to do it. And time, can't make anything without the time, can't make any money without spending all the time elsewhere. So, it is with this that I hope that the dog walking does well so that we can work less hours on our job and more hours on our passions and dreams.

No comments: