Tuesday, January 22, 2008

Blogging

There are times when I look at my monthly statistics and I see a correlation between how much I write and how many visitors I have. Usually, instead of encouraging me, it bums me out. After all, I wish that no matter what, my blogs were growing with traffic. Instead they stay in the pathetic numbers range and I am not completely sure what to do about it. I know that I need to work on promoting them using bookmarking and blogging sites. I just haven't taken the time to do that.

This is my plan. From now till April 14th most of my energy is going to the Reward-athon on Helium. This is doing two things. First it will pay directly and then it will increase my monthly passive income from them. This should help me out a great deal.

Then the rest of April I will work on increasing my blogs traffic. I am working on a number of blog plans and changing some of the ones that I have. This will make it easier to keep up with them and to have something to say on all of them. But I can work on increasing traffic on all of them.

Then I want to work on writing for Associated Content. Three months is a long time (I am already sick of working on Helium). So, there I will write May and June. I want to get as many articles out there on Associated Content (any that are denied for upfront payment will also be published on Triond and maybe Helium increasing the income from both sources while also helping out Associated Content).

After that I want to work on Squidoo and Hubpages for July and August. This should break up the monotony of life some since each of these does things differently then the others. September will be dedicated to promoting my writing and other works as well as working on increasing traffic to the blogs.

October and November will be dedicated to how to articles at the couple of websites that I write for how to's.

December will rap up the year with a variety of things for all the websites and some additional promotion.

While it seems crazy, to have a whole year planned out like this, it also seems to be a good idea.

On top of that, I would like to open up and advertise for my own Cafe press shop in August or September of this year. However, to do this I need to get to work making designs to sell! I have a handful of ones I really like, but that certainly isn't enough.

Well, I guess I have to go an update my other blogs now. Plus do a design for CafePress, and of course write an article or two for Helium! :-D Good thing it is only 10:45!

1 comment:

joker said...

I like your blog. I think it is cool... the contents are interesting in my opinion. I'll come back for more, keep it up!

Do drop by my blog and have a look.

http://1jokeaday.blogspot.com