Monday, May 19, 2008

Heat and Life

We decided we aren't running the air conditioner this year because it cost us about $150 a month in addition to what we pay to not run the air. With those expenses running from May to October, it just didn't seem like a good thing. Today will be the day that we find out how easy it is for us to make it. It is supposed to be 100 degrees. Right now it is 68 degrees, but come two or three...it will be hot. We bought several fans and spent the night pulling in cooler air. I have now shut the windows and it is about seventy degrees in the apartment. All the blinds are closed and ready for a sunny and hot day. Today's plan is to blog, then write during nap time. After nap time I want to clean on the house and then go to the pool. I brought my in laws vans so that my husbands brothers and sisters can come for a dip if they get hot this afternoon (their parents are in Dallas). We will find out if it comes to that.

If I can pull off all of my plans, it would have been the first time in ages that I have done just that. Hopefully it will all work out well.

No comments: