Saturday, May 24, 2008

Investments

My grandma was/is a collector. When I was a kid I was always amazed by the number of collections that she had that filled all three of the upstairs bedrooms in her house as well as almost every corner and many glass cases throughout her house. These were her investments. Some of them she did well with, others she didn't do so well with. My brother and I would talk about what we would be willing to collect that would be worth it. The answer was simple: precious metals. There is a huge market out there for gold, silver, and other precious metals. These are fantastic things to collect. You just need to find a good place to buy them so that you are sure of what you are getting. Some place like Monex Deposit Company where you can purchase a wide range of precious metal items such as coins and bullion. Buying a gold coin can be an exciting investment. Of course, silver might be a better option having increased its value significantly since the 90's. Maybe some day this collection will be a dream come true and gold and silver will be what I collect (though after watching A Simple Twist of Fate I would keep it in a bank!).

No comments: