Thursday, September 6, 2007

Okay the Post that Has Been Ahwile in Coming

This post has been awhile in coming (hense the title), and I wasn't sure that I would actually post it. But here it is. I have been reading a lot of blogs, I mean a lot of them lately (as I should since I love blogging and would like to make it my occupation). Anyway I read a blog post, well more then one. But the one that I am thinking about here is a particular one, and I am sorry to whoever wrote it, since I have no idea where it is so I can't link to it. But it was a blog in the little interesting blogs that Blogger picks out and puts in the right hand corner of the Blogger "Dashboard". I followed the link and got to this blog, whose post that day was about poop, particularly pooping in public. Which of course is a terribly personal thing to blog about, but since that day every time I use a public restroom and every time I poop in general I think about this blog entry. In this entry she tells about a situation that happened when she was young that made her feel that pooping in public was taboo (which it is though rather unspoken in most circles).

So, everytime I enter a public restroom I am thinking about this blog post, which then makes me want to do a blog post of my own and I am thinking about what I would write. This is something I do a lot, I think it has something to do with the desire to make blogging my occupation. I can't wait to have someone ask me, "Oh and what is it you do?" and I can say, "Oh nothing much, I am a Pro Blogger." I can't wait to have them ask, "A what?" to which I can explain that I get paid to sit around at home in pajamas (I don't really wear them, but the image is a good one) and write about whatever I want. I can complain, talk about the boring things that happen in my life, write about things I am doing as of late, be passionate about whatever I want to be passionate about, and so on. I get paid to do what I love doing! I can't wait to say that. Of course I am getting paid to do what I love doing...it just isn't much, at least it isn't much yet.

Oh, sorry got off track there...back to the public restroom story...so, I think we all have our stories about public restrooms and it is just a strange thing that this is such an off limits topic. Why can't we poop in public?

No comments: