Monday, October 22, 2007

Another Weekend Gone

Life moves so fast on the weekend. It's gone already. Of course we had a good weekend this weekend. Marcus' good mood has continued from Friday and even on to today. Hopefully it is a new stretch that will last well into the future. I love it when he is happy.

I finally found him some blocks. We got a set of alpha blocks for ten dollars and a set of building shapes blocks for ten dollars. All in all, 150 blocks for twenty bucks. They occupied him for about twenty minutes (so far this morning). Then he decided to leave for the bedroom.

I must say that he makes me very glad for the automatic saving in Blogger. It is nice that when he accidently navigates me away from here, I can still come back and finish what I started.

This week is one of those crazy ones that I have to work on surviving. Tonight we get rid of Marcus (after dinner). He is spending the night with his grandparents, and aunts and uncles (seven of them). Then tomorrow is my mom's hearing at eight. Wednesday-Friday I am to go over and stay with one of my brother-in-laws. He is ten and will be home alone from seven thirty in the morning till five thirty at night. They thought it would be nice for him to have company part of the time. Friday, I have to drive my father-in-law to the airport. Then I have to pick up my oldest sister-in-law from school. Sunday, need to make sure everyone gets to their corresponding church (okay, one sister-in-law here, one brother-in-law with us). You see, Wednesday most of the family is going to Michigan via train. My father-in-law, Caleb, and Rebekah are staying behind. My father-in-law is joining the family over the weekend, where they will celebrate the marriage of one of their children...The other two are staying behind. Caleb because he gets motion sickness and didn't want to take the trip via train and car from Texas to Michigan. Rebekah because she still has college.

Next Monday I have to take Rebekah to school and pick her up. Then the family arrives back late Monday night.

So, all in all, a busy week. Of course it is my mom's disability hearing that has me on edge...I keep coming across the question, "What if she doesn't get it?" She has no money, we have been paying for her to eat (though food stamps helps), the utilities she uses, her personal care products, her craft products, even her medication. Plus, we are looking forward to her moving out. My husband doesn't think when she is planning on moving out is really soon enough, but it has to wait. She is planning on moving out in January. I think it sounds wonderful. I can't wait. Then I feel bad for wanting it so much. Anyway, life is a roller coaster.

Talk to you later...

No comments: