Tuesday, October 16, 2007

Neglect

I have been neglecting my blogs and websites. This is one of those multifaceted issues. The first being I am struggling to work while Marcus is awake and he hasn't been sleeping well. We borrowed the laptop in the hopes of fixing this. I figured I could work out in the dining room and watch Marcus play in the living room where it is larger, less crowded and more fun to play. But the laptop needs a new power converter and has died refusing to come back to life until we buy it a new one. Not that we want to do that right this second. Another of my problems I am ashamed to admit.

I grew up rather strict in a Christian background. My church was very much in favor of book burning and destroying materials they felt were not healthy. As such I read a book entitled Harry Potter and the Bible instead of reading Harry Potter. Harry Potter and the Bible had nothing good to say about the books believing that children were learning witchcraft from them and all that nonsense. Well, my husband decided he was going to read them, and then he wanted me to. Being a slow reader that doesn't have a lot of time to sit around reading it took forever to get through all seven books. But I was drawn in. Which meant that I was staying up later and having a hard time getting up when I should have. Last night I finished book seven, so that issue should be gone now :-D!

Lack of motivation and a large amount of frustration has also contributed. I keep waiting for my husband to have time to help me format the websites, and he hasn't. Plus it will take awhile and is dull work so he hasn't really had the desire to make it a priority. Which means I have been waiting almost a month now. This leads to frustration as does trying to do it myself because I always hit a huge roadblock where my knowledge of computers and such just isn't enough. Hopefully though, I can get him to help me or to teach me how to do it soon so that we no longer have this issue and the whole thing can be moving forward.

Anyway, Blogger doesn't need to be formatted, so I will try to get back to posting here at least once a day, five days a week so that those of you who do come and read my Boring Recount will at least have something new to read! If you haven't checked it out yet, I have a few items up in my Etsy store now! Check it out!

No comments: