Monday, November 19, 2007

Top Ten Things I Want to Do


This is the top ten things I want to do, in no particular order and not written in stone.


  1. Work side by side with my husband. Both of us at home.

  2. Make a living doing things I love: writing, blogging, crafting.

  3. Homeschool our children. Public education has it's pluses (after all most parents need their children to leave for a portion of the day), but no matter how you look at it. The attention of one on one time, a student specific curriculum and plan, as well as the opportunity to work at advanced speeds in a variety of learning methods makes homeschooling a fantastic option for those who can find the time.

  4. Visit Paris. This is one of those fufu types of dreams. But I would like to go to new and different places. Paris is at the top of the list. Add New York, London, Rome, and a few others, and it would be just perfect.

  5. Sky Dive. I am rather wimpy and want to do something completely out of my comfort zone. Sky Diving is one of those things I wanted to do when I turned 18. It didn't happen. Maybe when I turned 48 (being 24 I have time to figure it out).

  6. Spend a year on the road exploring and learning (with my kids) in, around, and from the 48 continental United States. I heard about a homeschooling family doing this several years ago. I would love to do it. If we can really make a living writing and blogging then this would work out just dandy!

  7. Write at least a handful of children's books. This would require that I sit down and work on them, but I have so many idea's in mind.

  8. Form relationships with my kids, their families, my brothers (and in-laws), and their families. I haven't every had a close family and I hope that at least some of us remain close. Each day I seem to get closer to my husbands four sisters and that certainly makes me happy.

  9. Spend a whole week with my husband, and no one but my husband. I never had a honeymoon and we keep making big anniversary plans, but so far haven't gotten to do anything. So, I am hoping that some day we can. All by ourselves, tucked away and free.

  10. I want to live financially comfortable. I don't want to have everything (though I don't think I would mind). At the same time, I am tired of worrying about whether we can by this or that right now, or the other thing.

No comments: