Monday, November 19, 2007

What a Night

I love my son. I love being a mom. But last night definitely nails home the point that it isn't easy. It's a lot of work. Often times robbing you of sleep. Marcus is sick. :-( Last night I had a hard time going to bed as usual. I feel asleep, really really good at 12:30. Or rather just after since that is when I remember looking at the clock. Marcus woke up sick at 1:30. From then on it was every fifteen minutes after laying him back down. I would calm him, clean up after him, lay him down. Lay down, listen for him, get up and do it all over again. Now he is up to sleeping for thirty to sixty minutes at a time. We are both tired.

I feel so bad for him. He wants me to make it better and I really can't. His little body clings to me as he cries. But at least he is sleeping better. Hopefully it will be a short term bug and he will be feeling better in no time. With this schedule I have been working a little here and there between taking care of him and trying to get more sleep.

More sleep is good.

No comments: