Thursday, November 1, 2007

The Way, The Faith, The Hope

I had a rough October. Not that there was anything horrible or anything like that (I have had those months too in the past), but rather I struggled to do the things that I wanted to do and to make it all fit together.

The Way-
The way isn't easy. I must write everyday. This is hard for me. Everyday turns out differently. My son does his thing, and when you are fifteen months sometimes that is fussy and other times a perfect, let mommy work while I play angel. This is good on the days that it is easy to work, and on the days that it isn't it is easy to put off writing here or there or all together for that matter. I have a lot of irons in the fire, and working them all can be hard, but at the same time, rewarding. If I can keep it all together and grow it all, it should become a series of amazing proportions much like a beautiful masterpiece.

The Faith-
Keeping the faith, believing in what seems to be the impossible, that's the hard part. Working when it seems like it won't work out, like it isn't going anywhere, that is where it gets so hard that it is easy not to do what needs to be done. Having hope turn into lack of hope, and thinking that maybe we really can't go where I want us to go can make it feel like it is impossible to continue. Impossible to move on, to work in a forward momentum.

The Hope-
The hope is the biggest part of all of this. The hope is that I can make beautiful things and sell them, on Etsy and eventually in craft fairs. This is going to take a lot of work and so far hasn't been fruitful in any way. We now have a small, but growing shop on Etsy. That is exciting. The hope is that we can work from home, making enough money to survive on and that eventually that will grow and it will become enough money for us to feel very prosperous. We hope to have built up a network of money making that has us free from regular employment by 2011. That means I have a lot of work to do and I am really truly feeling that as 2007 wraps itself up and I am no where near being able to have my husband stay home. I need to work more with PayPerPost and even more with the websites and blogs.

The hope is what it is all about. It is what it will take to get where we want to get. I must keep that in mind...

No comments: